Monday, January 7, 2008

Alias...the ultimate dud.


About two and a half months ago Tanya and John (Jonya) enlightened Carly and me with the hit t.v. series Alias. Oh how we loved watching episode after episode, sometimes staying up until Carly had to literally punch me to get me to go to bed. Every season seamed to grip us even more than the previous. We soon arrived at the final leg, the fifth season. Each episode in the fifth season built our hopes of a fantastic, satisfaction-filled end. We were loving it. Today, we were extremely excited, we had reached the ultimate Alias day...the finale. Despite a little confusion and anger with the way in which the writers went about something (Vaughn in season 5) we were like Vannie, Harrison, and Tike on Christmas eve...anxious to see what J.J. Abrams was bringing to the table.

We watched it. It sucked. It was an ultimate dud. The ending (I won't ruin it for those of you who haven't been disappointed yet, I'll let the show do it for you) was dissasatifying, anti-climactic, non-justifying, and crud. I am so ticked right now I wish I could boycott Alias but no, it's over, forever.

We're turning back to Lost with season 4 coming out shortly. Hopefully Abrams will repent.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I take full responsibility for the Alias fiasco! We also got sucked in and I made the mistake of passing it on before viewing the final season. Man TV shows..... they just don't make 'em like they used to. Somehow they always loose the magic in the end. What a bust!